In January 2015 we started a new project CARS-OUT! - Environmentally friendly visit of protected areas
Three partner protected areas with various problems caused by motorized visit (road, sea and air) meet in the project. The project aims to conserve nature through offering visitation in an environmentally acceptable manner. Applicant will construct visitor infrastructure to become the first Slovenian managed nature park with no motorized access for visitors.
The project is implemented under the EEA Financial Mechanism 2009-2014 and it defines three program areas:
• Biodiversity and ecosystem services in order to "halt the loss of biodiversity"
• Preservation and revitalization of cultural and natural heritage with the aim of "Cultural and natural heritage for future generations - protected, preserved and accessible to the public" and
• Monitoring of the environment and integrated planning and control with the aim of "Improved compliance with environmental legislation" in a predetermined project "Monitoring of the environment and integrated planning and control."
The project CARS-OUT! is part of the program area Biodiversity and Ecosystems
The aim of the program area Preservation and revitalization of cultural and natural heritage! is the preservation of cultural and natural heritage for future generations.
Expected results of this program are:
• natural heritage accessible to the public,
• cultural heritage is restored and protected.
Supported by a grant from Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway through the EEA Financial Mechanism.