In 2003, the company SOLINE Salt Production, d.o.o., signed a concessionary contract with the Ministry of the Environment, Spatial Planning and Energy on the »implementation of certain tasks of the compulsory national economic public services in the sphere of watermanagement in the area of Sečovlje Salina Nature Park«.
- the functioning and maintenance of water infrastructure for the purpose of preserving and regulating certain water quantities;
- the maintenance and monitoring of the state of water infrastructure for the purpose of protecting the area from harmful effects of waters;
- the implementation of emergency measures during the increased degree of danger owing to the harmful effects of waters or sudden water pollution;
- the maintenance of aquatic and coastal plots of ground, with the exception of cleaning the water surface and prevention of water and coastal plots of ground in the instance of exceptional pollution owing to natural or other disasters;
- other tasks in compliance with the current law, mainly the implementation of measures in the instance of various interventions upon natural disasters, and some other sanitation tasks following natural disasters and other exceptional events owing to the harmful functioning of waters